Here is my first post dedicated to the most common trouble makers for girls “Skincare”. A regular Skincare regime is as vital for skin as it is food for body. There are some of the tips that dermatologists across the world vouch upon:
1. Keep your skin hydrated-Golden rule: Whether you want glowing skin, shinier hair, healthier body or all three, drink as much as you can! I mean water! It’s the world’s best beauty elixir. Water is needed for all your bodily functions to go on smoothly. Dehydration can show on your skin in the form of dry, flaky skin and numerous other skin problems. You must’ve heard this innumerable times, but mentioning it once again, drink at least 10 glasses of water a day.
2. Disdain from Junk food: Dermatologists proclaim that refraining from unhealthy junk / fried food can help your skin a lot. Instead include green tea in your diet regularly, post meals as a great antioxidant. They reduce the effects of free radicals, which are harmful for skin cells. Though you can have cheat days, like me, on Saturday or Sunday once in a while, but a healthy and balanced diet can show amazing results on your skin.
3. Daub the sunscreen: Always wear a good SPF sunscreen with broad spectrum protection even if you’re not stepping out, or even if it’s night or cloudy. Nothing damages the skin more than harmful rays of sun. A good quality sunscreen is your only saviour.
4. Replace harsh soap with mild cleansers / face wash: Beauty bars are high on pH levels that can damage your skin by ruining its texture and cause dryness, allergic reactions, etc. So, it’s better to switch to mild cleansers which have an ideal pH level of 7. However, my suggestion is to use Cetaphil. I can vouch upon it. Try it!
5. Swap towels with Tissues: it’s really important to use soft and clean towels for your face. Do not share your towels with anyone. Also, rubbing a towel can be harsh on your face skin, so, my mantra is to use dry tissues for your face. Clean, hygienic and soft!
6. Do not squeeze your pimples: If you have pimples on your skin, never squeeze them out. As that can lead to scars, zits, hyper pigmentation and further spread of bacteria. Trust me, personal experience, don’t ever compromise on this one.
7. Beauty sleep: Adequate sleep is a key part of a healthy lifestyle, skin, heart, weight, mind and more. Sleep deprivation can increase our stress levels. Your body and skin cells repair themselves when you are sleeping. Dermatologists recommend 7 hours of sleep in a day, I say 8. So, Girls go ahead and have a beauty sleep!
That’s all for today!
Stay Tuned!! And don’t forget to follow me on Instagram